Lip Fillers and Injections
Lip fillers and injections are the most common way to achieve lip augmentation. The latest generation of injectable fillers can increase the fullness, shape or structure of your lips. If your lips are thinner than you would like, or have lost volume due to age, we can help you create an appealing fullness, cupid’s bow, pouty lower lip, or a subtle increase in volume.
Why are Lip Fillers so Popular?
There are many reasons women choose a lip augmentation procedure. This procedure has become very popular in recent years, as it can create:
- A more beautiful smile.
- More appealing, kissable lips.
- Better balance and proportion among all your facial features.
- A more youthful appearance, overall.
- Fuller lips are a standard of beauty in our culture.
As we age, and lips slowly lose volume, they look less plump or can leave you looking tired and angry, even on your best days. Fuller or reshaped lips can dramatically improve the overall facial appearance – but the procedure must be performed with great care, so the result looks fresh and natural.
What are the Types of Lip Fillers and Injections?
Non-Invasive, Non-Surgical Lip Fillers
Just as dermal fillers have come to replace a surgical facelift in modern aesthetics, lip fillers have come to replace traditional surgical treatments for lip augmentation. Lip fillers are non-invasive and typically require only a few minutes to perform.
Brand names of the FDA-approved dermal fillers for lip augmentation in the United States are Juvéderm and Restylane, hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers – a substance naturally produced by the human body. HA fillers bind moisture, keeping your lips hydrated, fresh, and plump for months.
The Benefits of HA Fillers for Lip Augmentation
- According to some studies, besides plumping up and/or reshaping the lips, it may stimulate the body to begin producing its own collagen. In such cases, fewer injections are needed over time.
- These products are in a gel form that is easily distributed in the lips to produce an excellent shape.
- It can be added gradually, so it is easy to control the volume.
- Allergic reactions are relatively rare, as hyaluronic acid is naturally produced by the body.
- In many cases, there is less bruising than with other types of fillers.
- The effect can be reversed if necessary, with the use of another injection.
- Fillers typically last six months to a year, before the need for retreatment.
Fat Grafting: Natural Lip Plumping for Long-Term Results
In natural fat transfer, fat cells are harvested from another area of the body where there is an excess, such as the tummy, thighs or buttocks. The cells are gently extracted with an advanced liposuction system. The harvested fat is then processed and cleansed, so that only the desired components of the fatty tissue are left. This substance is then injected into the lips, wherever greater volume or reshaping is desired.>
Rejection of or reaction to the tissue is extremely rare, as the fat is your own – your body recognizes it. A percentage of the fat cells flourish in the new location in the lips, for a long-term, natural solution for plumper, fuller lips.>
Why choose Dr. Aminpour and Hills Aesthetics for Lip Augmentation in Los Angeles?
Dr. Aminpour is one of very few plastic surgeons who is double board-certified. He is recognized for his high-level skills in both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures. Whatever procedure you are having done for whatever area of the face or body, you want to ensure the result is as you expected – or even better. You can trust Dr. Aminpour to perform lip augmentation with great care and finesse – and achieve a beautiful, natural-looking result.